Thursday, September 6, 2012

Space Pong

This is a game that I created when I was in college as an undergraduate. Now that I'm back in student life again, and will be looking for a job soon, I thought it'd be good to put up this and similar work online as a brief portfolio, if you will.

This was made in C++, using SDL, SDL_TTF and SDL_Mixer. The graphics were done by me in GIMP. The sounds were all royalty-free midis. Am quite proud of this game to date. Firstly, this was the first game that I "finished and polished". Also, it went on to win the 3rd prize in the Game Development event held at my college, NSIT.
It has 3 levels and can be played multi-player or single-player, with variable difficulty on each level in case of single-player games. It also features "power-ups" and "power-downs" that you/your opponent can collect while playing.
Some screenies:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment